Sunday, August 30, 2009

Songs in the Key of the Honest Man's Life - Just to Get By Edition

Alright readers. You've been patient with the Honest Man, even as I have infrequently blogged on here. There's been a whole lot going on the past 3 months and frankly the Honest Man was tired (hence why they call me the Honest Man, I give it to ya straight). I'm not gonna play politician and make promises I can't keep. Will I be posting more than 3 posts in a month starting now and forever? No. Will this be the last time I take forever to post new material? No. Will I consider your emotional needs and desires to hear the good word more and be true to you? No, this ain't a fuckin' soap opera. I'm the Honest Man dammit :-)

I kick off the "re-launch" with one of the songs that got me through the recent rough patch. Hell this song always gets played when I need a pick me up. This the pre-diva I'm just tryin' to get a record deal and stop getting zero to chump change for ghost producing Kanye West (peep his QUICK 5 sec cameo). Great song, great beat, good times, yep just to get by....

Talib Kweli - Get By

No comments: