Thursday, March 4, 2010

Songs in the Key of the Honest's Man Life - I can fly edition


I never understood why R. Kelly never gets his due as a musical genius. Too much focus is spent on his outside the studio antics and not enough on what he produces inside the studio. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't let my daughter within 100 feet of him but I would buy her 12 Play in a heartbeat (sounds fucked up, don't it ;-). But check his statistics, he's music gold.

I heard this song on the radio today and immediately was taken back to my junior year of college. The Honest Man was going through some serious shit back then. I was put on academic probation and was having to prove to a lot of people that Da Kid still had it. Even though the Pied Piper of R&B was not known as a person that made inspirational songs, I Believe I can Fly struck gold. The song resonated with me as I was trying to get my mojo back (I did and that's going to be discussed in a separate post). So from the man who gave you ditties like "Half on a baby", "Ignition", and "You Remind me of my Jeep", you get one of his classics.

R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly


R. Kelly : I_believe_i_can_fly
Uploaded by BLACKMUSICS. - Watch more music videos, in HD!

No comments: