Monday, February 9, 2009

Slim Shady versus T.I.P




Did you see the Grammys last night? Yep me neither. The Honest Man is normally not a fan of award shows as they are too long, very predictable, and oh so boring. However, I did want to see the TI, Kanye West, Jay Z, and Lil Wayne performance of "Swagga Like Us" for two reasons: One, the song is dope and two, MIA (the artist's voice they sampled) was going to appear live on stage. I saw the video online this morning and was like wow. Even Kanye's retro do couldn't fuck up that great performance.

So it got me wondering, was this better than Eminem and John Elton's live version of "Stan" a few years back? To me that performance is legendary. Unexpected and pure hip hop at it's fineness. The song was straight fiyah when it dropped but that Grammy performance made me have a man-crush. Ok maybe not that deep but you get the point.

Both videos are posted here. You be the judge and submit your comments

Eminem f John Elton - "Stan"




TI f Kanye West, Jay Z, Lil Wayne, and MIA - "Swagga Like Us"




Waldini's Take: I still take Em's performance because prior to the show, it was very unlikely this pairing would happen, especially with Slim Shady taking a lot of heat for previous anti-gay remarks. Swag is up there especially when you got a 9 month pregnant lady who should not be allowed to travel.

No comments: