Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When the Honest Man stops being real





There's no reason to like lie to one another. Because, you know, some of us are gonna like and some of us are gonna hate either way.
- Real World Boston

I secretly wanted to be on the Real World. When the show first came out in the 90s, I loved it. It was a cultural melting pot full of different races and social classes. I had a whole plan mapped out. My name was going to be Muhammad and on the first day tell my roommates "I'm Muhammad, I'm racist, and hate all white people. Now which one of you devils is my roommate?" They would call me angry man and my controversy would generate high ratings. I turn those ratings into the Angry Man show via MTV. After a few years, I would be "humbled", no longer bitter, and release the book "No Longer Angry". RATINGS GOLD

But that was back then when the Real World was truly real and not this fake shit they started dropping in the late 90s/early 00's. Now the producers purposely prod the roommates to face off with one another to draw ratings. So it's the same shit season after season. They need to surprise the public, do a Real World Atlanta, put 4 white people and 2 heterosexual black males in East Point. Then you will see real recognize real. It would be eerily similar to Dave Chappelle's Real World Hoboken. And for those that saw it, the joint was funny (see below).

Watch more Chappelle"s Show videos on AOL Video




Today's Lesson

Maybe I'll change my name to Jamal, show up on that bootleg Real World show on CBS (Big Brother), and just piss people off for the sake of pissing people off. Dare I say ch-ching!!

No comments: