Thursday, October 1, 2009

Songs in the Key of the Honest Man's Life - Beast(ie) Edition

I honestly feel Beastie Boys are one of the greatest rap groups in history. And no not for the obvious reasons that most people pick (first white rappers that could flow, Def Jam backing). They are one of the few hip hop acts that have evolved since they started. From License to Ill to Paul's Boutique to Check your Head to the Ill Communication, they have definitely dropped multiple styles. And the Honest Man likes that. EVOLUTION. Take a listen young wanna be rappers. You don't have to do and talk about the SAME SHIT on every album.

This is one of my all time favorite Beastie songs. Those drums. That bass. That electric guitar. If that riff doesn't get you, then the hook will. Ah yes, I think I'm losing my mind this time, this time I'm losing my mind....You can't front on that ;-).


Beastie Boys - So What'cha Want


No comments: