Thursday, November 4, 2010

Your weekly inspiration - Maybe she can clean out the CABOOSE

The Color Purple is one of America's greatest tragedies. And I mean great in the sense that it was nominated for 10 plus Academy Awards in 1985. And lost every single category. To...drum roll...Out of Africa. If you've seen both, then you understand why even 20 years later, I'm still bitter over that shit. Like seriously?? That boring ass movie was better than one of the greatest films of all time, not just 1985??

Anyway, if you've read the book, then you'll appreciate how true to form Spielberg adapated Walker's classic story. There are so many great scenes in this movie ("You told Harpo to beat me", "You aint nuttin' but a heifer, h-e-i-f-e-r", "You so UGGLY") but my favorite is the infamous Thanksgiving dinner scene. Most people will go for the part when Whoopi puts up the fingers and utters "Everything you did on to me, will be done on to you" BUT The Honest Man's favorite is when Mister is running down why Celie won't succeed and Adolph Caesar throws in his 10 cents with "Maybe she can clean out the Caboose!" I laugh EVERY time I hear that line. LOL, see I'm doing it right now....

No comments: