Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What the Honest Man is listening to


Ok, I've done Songs in the Key of The Honest Man's Life. I've done Know Your (Music) History. And now I'm doing what the Honest Man is listening. This one is different as this is about current music that I am feeling. You may like. You may not. Honestly, I don't give a shit because it's what I'm listening to :-). Enjoy yourselves bitches!!!

Jay Eletronica featuring Diddy - Ghosts of Christopher Wallace

Jay is rapidly becoming one of my favorite emcees. He crushed that Just Blaze beat on Exhibit C. And he's crushing this beat in spit of Diddy's nonsensical shoutouts ("Ya'll need lotion" LOL). He along with Cudi, B.O.B. and even Drake (sorry Gangsta his 2009 joints were dope) give me hope for the next wave of rappers....




Kanye West - Power

This is the first single off Ye's upcoming album Good Ass Job. First listen I was hooked. And I don't normally say that about Kanye's first singles. Usually they take awhile to grow on me but this one. If the album is like this, he finally might have that CLASSIC rating. This line alone should be immortalized "I don’t need yo’ pussy, bitch, I’m on my own dick" - DAYUM




Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beamin

Uh oh, the man representin' that first and fifteenth is back! Yep, the Honest Man is rider of Lupe. He may not make sense when he's talking in public or trying to sound intelligent but that man can make some dope albums. And the first joint off Lasers is no different. Hotness!






Janelle Monae f Big Boi - Tightrope

Janelle's been slept on for years. Yep I said it. I was aware of her back in '06 but she wasn't getting the love she deserved b/c her stuff wasn't r&b pop. She's been cosigned by everyone in the industry from Diddy to the man who's guest rapping on this single. I'm hoping the heads stop sleeping and start recognizing game.




Commercial Sellout Song of the Week


Rick Ross f NeYo - Super High

I'm not a huge fan of Rick Ross. I can count on two fingers before this song, how many songs of his I like (in case you wondering "Hustlin", "Maybach Music"). This is a hot song. I don't care what you say. Whoever did that beat should get an award for making an average rapper sound dizzope.




No comments: