Monday, January 17, 2011

Remembering Dr. King

There will not be any funny comments today. No smart alecky or sacarstic commentary from the Honest Man. No duplicate post like two years where I expressed displeasure on certain pop culture topics. Nope I am coming at you openly, seriously, and honestly.

Today is Martin Luther King Day. Technically his birthday is January 15th but we always celebrate his day on the 3rd Monday every January. But regardless of the date, the point is to remember what this man did for the Civil Rights movement. He was the face of the bigger movement by our fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers, and countless others to give future generations the ability to do simple things such as get equal opportunities to vote and apply for jobs.

So in honor of him and to express my gratitude for all Dr. King did for folks like me, I'm posting his full "I Have a Dream" speech. Use this as a reminder for the struggle our predecessors went through and the obligation we have to carry on his message and make sure what he fought and died for was not in vain.

Thank You Dr King!

.

No comments: